Numeracy Guiding Principles
- Daily 1 hour sessions.
- Incorporation of the E5 framework within the lesson plan.
- Differentiated teaching and learning determined by student learning needs.
- Lessons that move learning from supported practice to student independent practice.
- Mathematics lessons contain the following: an explicit purpose, explicit number fluency practise, students working on tasks beyond their current levels of thinking, teachers communicating high expectations and useful, purposeful feedback and established classroom norms for working.
- Planning documents that record the guiding principles of mathematics lessons.
- The use of a range of instructional approaches incorporating: whole class, small group, partner and individual work.
- Ongoing regular assessment.